Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Exhibition: Cheryl Rezendes Rulewich

INTERLUDES


"In the late spring of 2015 I helped to care for my dear father as he made his final journey from life here on earth to the unknown world beyond. The loss was a great one for me.

Interludes is a collection of works that speak to the moments of understanding and peace that came to me in between the crushing and painful bouts of grief. Over time and with patience I have come to see the dark, hollow of grief pale in comparison to the vision of all he gave me. 

My Dad and I shared a great love for the complex beauty of the New England landscape. The imagery in these works was taken from the time I spent over the past 12 months wandering the woods near my home in search of the meaning of life and love."  

Cheryl Rezendes Rulewich


 


Cheryl Rezendes received her training as a painter at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. After graduation she made her living as a custom clothier while pursuing her own work as a mixed-media collage artist. Both her fine and wearable art have been exhibited in shops and galleries throughout the United States. 



Cheryl currently makes art quilts, teaches a variety of classes and creates hand dyed silk scarves for purchase at the Salmon Falls Artisans Showroom. Her techniques and much more are featured in her book, Fabric Surface Design published by Storey Publishing and a signed copy can be purchased at Cheryl's Etsy Shop.




Join Cheryl at the opening reception for her new show INTERLUDES on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at the Salmon Falls Gallery, 1 Ashfield St, in Shelburne Falls, MA in the Upstairs Gallery from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. The exhibit will run through the month of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment