Contemporary CraftJune 16-July 21, 2017Juror: Lindsay Miś, CraftBoston DirectorEntry Deadline: April 21, 11:59pmEntry Fee: $30 for 1-3 submissions, $45 for 4-6
The Brookline Arts Center invites New England-based artists to submit work for an exhibition of contemporary craft. Since the 1800s, New England has long been at the center of American craft from silversmithing to woodwork to textiles. In recent years, the craft movement has defied boundaries and gained recognition as an art form in its own right. What defines studio craft today? How does it navigate between function and fine art?
All artists residing in New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island) are eligible to submit work. All applications must be entered online through the BAC's submission form.
- All media welcome.
- Artwork must have been created within the last five years.
- All submitted work must be original.
- Work must be available for exhibition dates.
- Maximum size 2D: up to 84" in either dimension.
- Maximum size 3D: combined dimensions must not exceed a total of 144 inches (height+width+depth), total weight must not exceed 100lbs.
- Video work: If accepted, the artist is responsible for providing all necessary viewing equipment.Submission Requirements
- Submit all application materials electronically at http://www.brooklineartscenter.com/gallery/ContemporaryCraftCallForArt by midnight on April 21. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. *For submission assistance, please call 617-566-5715, or email email@example.com.
- Artists may submit up to six works. One jpg per submission. Images MUST be in jpg format, high quality, 1 MB size max. All work must be accompanied by title, materials, dimensions and year of completion (fill out on submission form).
- Format for image files: Lastname_Firstname_1, Lastname_Firstname_2, etc.
- Artists must also submit an artist statement and resume. Files must be in pdf format.
- All work must be original. By completing the application, artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
- Submissions without payment of entry fee will not be considered.
Artists will be notified of their submission status via e-mail by 5:00pm on Friday, May 5, 2017. If your work is accepted, it must arrive presentation ready (with appropriate installation materials) by 5:00pm on Friday, June 9, 2017. Shipped work must be received in reusable wrapping with check or prepaid label for return shipping. Work must remain on exhibit through Friday, July 21, 2017.More InformationThank you!Meghan MissettCommunications CoordinatorBrookline Arts Center86 Monmouth StreetBrookline, MA 02446617-566-5715